Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Three Classes - And Some Challenges

Well, I'm seeing that I need some more exercises for the classes to do, because I need a little more structure in these lessons.

There are a lot of motivated students here, and yesterday we worked on some verbs, reading, and pronunciation.

I really need help with teaching some of the girls pronunciation, because it's hard having two sets of rules for the same letters.

I tried to ask Alberto and Johnson to read "Top Secret" and tell me about the prologue. It was easy for Alberto to draw a picture based on the prologue, and Johnson needed help with narrator vs. narrator's, but otherwise did well.

I want to try to work on writing basic sentences and answering questions, I think.

I also need to start documenting each child, so I can leave something for new teachers that come. One of my biggest challenges will be to determine each student's level of study and teach them accordingly.

Alright, off to go look at TOEFL prep websites! It's expensive to send poor kids to take tests, so I need to work on getting them as prepared as possible for when they do go take the tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment