Thursday, June 24, 2010

Monkey Island at Last!


Yesterday I went swimming, and was happy to find that my friend at the Hacienda, who works in the garden, was going to feed the capuchins on Monkey Island! He had previously said that he could keep me company if I wanted to do something, so I asked if I could come along. He said yes, and got me a kayak, so I dashed off to get my sandals and camera.


First he fed the two on the island nearby, which I had seen. They made scary noises while they were eating. It reminded me of videogames. Haha. I think they're spider monkeys.


Then we visited the capuchins (white faced monkeys) who are rescued pets. One of them has a baby. :) I met the owner of the island (the big male monkey), and my friend had to make sure he didn't attack me. That monkey did not want us there.
I took some video, too, but I was on a kayak (to be out of their space) and the wobbling on it is making me dizzy. There was a cute little baby that was running around on a branch and playing a bit. It was fun to watch them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeannie! Glad that you are feeling better and have the internet back again. I'm surprised the monkey let you get so close to him to take that picture! Did any of them wander up to you or anything like that?

    ReplyDelete