Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Charco Verde

Some of my companions on the sailboat. Volcan Concepcion is in the background.
Volcan Maderas.... As I took this I felt like I was taking a picture of an island I can call mine in a home kind of sense. :)


My youngest students... A group of 8-14 students who 5,6, and 7 year olds. We are writing numbers.

On Saturday I had class until noon, and some other tourists here at the Hacienda wanted to go to Charco Verde, a nearby lagoon. It was a great trip out on the Hacienda Merida's sailboat. :) We didn't sail on the way out, but we sailed in rain on the way back.
Charco Verde is a small green lagoon, and we walked around the biological reserve there. We saw lots of lizards, iguanas, and butterflies. We swam at a gorgeous beach with dark sand because of the volcanic rock. I had a great time. Surprisingly enough I haven't been swimming too much (I prefer not to swim alone), but this was awesome.
On the way back on the sailboat we got caught in a rain storm, so we got drenched, lol. It stopped before we got back, though. My student, Eduardo had waited for me for a couple hours (he didn't realize that we have no class Saturday afternoons), so he and I had dinner, then I went walking with a couple of other students. It's nice to have a day off once in awhile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment