Saturday, June 26, 2010

Rio Istian











I took my students who did the most work within the last two weeks to the river yesterday! They were really excited to go kayaking.
Some of them were afraid of seeing caymans, though, like little Pamela in the middle of the boat. :) I told them not to worry, and it turned out we didn't see any caymans anyway. Well, Yuliana saw one from far away, but I was a bit disappointed that none were chilling in the open again. There were several other kayakers and a fisherman in the river, so they probably got scared off. We had a good trip, and my friends Randy, Yuliana and I were in one boat. It was pretty long for the kids, though, so we stopped twice to jump in for a swim. I should have planned for more time, as I would have like to swim more.
I magically made it back just in time for my little kids, too. We read and played and practiced pronunciation of words from flash cards.
Then I got to swim with some of my kayaking kids, and then gave out prizes last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment