Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Squirrels of Costa Rica

Well, if any of you know me at all, you know that I find squirrels really amusing. That being said, I've been able to photograph two that look distinct from each other so far.
The first I found in the city of Heredia, in the park near our hotel, the Hotel America. There is a beautiful church there, with a garden right next to it, and I had to jump up and run over to this little guy when I saw him.
The picture doesn't quite do him justice, but he's thin and gray with a little reddish near his tummy.

The next squirrel we saw was at Volcan Poas. He was incredibly friendly, looking for food from all of us. He seemed either a bit chubbier or a bit fluffier, I'm not sure which. :) He was right at the overlook for the volcano, where I took the picture of the plumes of vapors.
This second picture here is of Cory, one of the guys on the trip, trying to get the squirrel to come visit him. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kid , we miss u . glad u r enjoying ur explorations.love mom +dad

    ReplyDelete