Friday, May 14, 2010



I was on my first volcano!!!
It was SO awesome, because when we were going up the mountain, it was really misty because it´s a cloud forest, I think. When we got up there, though, we were worried because it was so cloudy we couldn´t see the crater of the volcano!!!
Hehe, it was funny, though. There was a guy there, and I asked him in Spanish if he worked there, and he said yes, so I told him ¨The clouds are going to part and we´re going to see everything.¨ He just smiled and maybe laughed a little, and I continued looking around.

I kept asking for it, and gracias a Dios, the clouds blew away! We got to see the whole crater, complete with acid lake and plumes of vapor or smoke coming out of the lake!!! :)

I think from now on I´ll post pictures after text. I think it´ll be easier. We shall see.
At the coffee tour, there was a butterfly tent!!! I got to see the big blue butterfly that´s on my ceramic piece. :) If you are unaware, I´ve wanted to go to Costa Rica for years. Now I´m looking for as many of the animals on the ceramic piece I made when I couldn´t go as I can.

We had a great drive around the mountains, and there are not as many rocks in them as in New York. There is a major problem with erosion on all the mountain roads here. They also have a lot of earth quakes, which contributes to the destruction of the roads.

2 comments:

  1. You are incredibly more productive than I am right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awseome, can't wait to see pics of the volcano! I always wanted to see one :)

    ReplyDelete